Frequently Asked Questions
This program is open to anyone above the age of 18 years and resides in Gauteng, South Africa. To apply you must be excited to learn with fellow developers through a community and be a strong team player.
The Gauteng Azure Training program in collaboration with Gauteng Department Of E-Government and Geekulcha aims to up-skill developers in Gauteng province through an immersive program where selected individuals will work to learn basic skills in Azure, through the Microsoft Learn platform.
The program is focused on training enthusiasts in learning the basics of Azure, a public cloud computing platform created by Microsoft for building, testing, deploying, and managing applications and services through Microsoft-managed data centers.
This program will run for 8-12 weeks
- Opportunity to be shortlisted to redeem Microsoft Azure certification exam voucher.
- A better knowledge of auxiliary workplace skills: collaboration, communication, critical thinking
- Get to work on projects that matter and add high value and high impact project to your portfolio
- Gain real-life experience by working in agile remote teams.
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Azure fundamentals (AZ 900)
- You should be able to commit 10+ hours per week
- Must have a passion for learning and software development
- Must be a Gauteng resident
- Have or have reliable access to a functional work tool.
- Excited to work with/in a distributed team
- Have a strong passion for technology
Online learning, practice, and workshops, with potential in-person meetups to foster community building (Per COVID -19 guidelines).
About Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure is an ever-expanding set of cloud services to help your organization meet your business challenges. It’s the freedom to build, manage, and deploy applications on a massive, global network using your favourite tools and frameworks.
Andela invests in Africa’s most talented software engineers to help companies solve the technical talent shortage and build high-performing distributed engineering teams. In addition, has tested and proven principles of Learning Science that focus on small learner groups, transparent output tracking, and robust communities of support to drive level up programs for developers across Africa.